What is VPN?
VPN or Virtual Private Network is a way of getting connected to some virtual network having a totally different address and location. There are several benefits of using a VPN over your actual connection and this is only when you have a trusted VPN. A VPN that is newly launched and do not have many servers and provide free access are dangerous.
A VPN can be used on any of the devices which connect to the internet, whether it be a personal computer or mobile devices, VPN’s can be used on any device. To set up and use a VPN you don’t need to learn rocket science. There are some normal protocols and steps that need to be followed.
Let us look at how to set up VPN first.
How to set up a VPN?
There are two ways by which you can set up a VPN. One is using a VPN which is provided with your device, and another is installing some VPN software. Let us look at both.
Using Your Device VPN
To set up your device VPN, follow the below steps.
- Click on start icon or windows icon on your computer
- Search settings icon and open it
- Click on Network icon under Network and Internet
- Clip VPN under network icon
- Click on Add VPN connection
- Configure your VPN using VPN Provider Name, Connection Name, Server Name, VPN Type, and sign-in info
- Click on save and apply
These steps activate your device VPN.
Using VPN software
There are plenty of software of VPN present all over the internet. To set up VPN software on your device follow these steps.
- Download VPN software
- Sign-up and then Sign-in into the software
- Choose a server based on the ping
- Click on server and start the VPN software
You are now connected to a virtual network.
Using your VPN accurately
When you install VPN there are various stealth VPN, which logs you into the website, hiding your IP address and location. To use a VPN, click on the server and start the VPN. Choose a server with low ping and low packet loss to have a hassle-free connection. To use stealth VPN, you might need a premium subscription of some VPNs.